This course will develop acting, improvisation and audition techniques for the camera, whilst giving youth (11-17yrs) a grounding in basic acting techniques.
Teens will be taught a step by step audition process, and how to conduct themselves professionally at castings. With the continual development and practice of these skills, youth will approach the casting process with greater confidence and flexibility.
Teen Screen Tutors for term 1, 2013 are:
(Click on Tutors to learn more about them)
Paul Winchester,(Underbelly, Home & Away)
Matt Charleston,(Water Rats)
In more Detail:
- The different requirements of stage & screen
- what works visually on screen
- Basic Stanislavski Acting technique – Who, What, When, Where, Why & Want.
- The efficient Learning of lines to stay flexible
- Scene Breakdown / Analysis- Gleaning all clues from the text
- Understanding how a casting works
- The introduction to substitution & emotional /memory recall
- Workshopping latest scripts from Film & television
- Mock Auditions- Students begin take responsibility for their own work.
- Taught by professional actor with industry experience
Throughout this course, I’ve learnt so much! I used to be quite camera shy until I joined. I feel a lot more confident in front of the camera and my skills have really improved! …This course is great for those who don’t feel that confident in front of the camera and want to heighten their level of confidence, those who want to exceed in their acting skills in front of the camera, and for those who just want to let their hair down after school and have some crazy fun! This is definitely a course I’d recommend to anyone for any reason!
Dominique Kane ( 16 years-student)
|Teen Screen Acting 1:||11-17 yrs old|
|TIMES:||Tues 4pm-6pm 11-17yrs|
|(see class schedule for start date)|
|COST:||$235($50 deposit required)|
|To be paid in full at commencement of course please.|
|LOCATION:||Point Break Drama Studios – 28 Fisher Road, Dee Why NSW 2099|
(New Life Baptist Church Hall)
* wear loose comfortable clothes and bring pen and paper.