While continuing to train participants in the fundamentals of acting technique for the camera, this course will also help teens land professional work in the industry.
Students will become highly proficient at preparing, presenting and auditioning for the screen.
Each week students will be challenged with demanding scripts to workshop to camera ,with constructive feedback from class-mates & tutor. Tutors will only be professional working actors. Participants must pass an audition to be included in this class.
Teen Screen Tutors for term 1, 2013 are:
(click on tutors name to learn more about them)
Paul Winchester, (Underbelly, Home & Away)
Matt Charleston,(Water Rats)
In more Detail:
- Pitching performance for screen both vocally & visually
- Expanding understanding of Acting technique
- The efficient Learning of lines to stay flexible
- Scene Breakdown / Analysis- students expected to make own acting choices
- TVC Castings – Process
- Film / TV Castings- process
- Proficient use of substitution & emotional /memory recall techniques
- Work-shopping latest scripts from Film & television
- Mock Auditions- Students expected to come prepared
- Improvisation techniques to give students the confidence and ability to respond to any request from a casting director or director
- Taught by professional working actors!
Throughout this course, I’ve learnt so much! I used to be quite camera shy until I joined. I feel a lot more confident in front of the camera and my skills have really improved! …This course is great for those who don’t feel that confident in front of the camera and want to heighten their level of confidence, those who want to exceed in their acting skills in front of the camera, and for those who just want to let their hair down after school and have some crazy fun! This is definitely a course I’d recommend to anyone for any reason!
Dominique Kane ( 16 years-student)
|TEEN SCREEN 2:||11-17 yrs old|
|(call us or see schedule for start dates)|
|COST:||$235 ($50 deposit required)|
|To be paid in full at commencement of course please.|
|LOCATION:||Point Break Drama Studios – 28 Fisher Road, Dee Why NSW 2099
(New Life Baptist Church Hall)
* wear loose comfortable clothes and bring pen and paper.